I got this recipe from my cousin and it's a damn good cheesecake with a pumpkin twist (or swirl).
Original recipe serves 8
Ingredients (serves 8)
You will also need: springform pan
melted butter, and 1/8 tsp salt. Press into bottom of the pan.
2. Beat cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth.
3. Add, beating in separately: brown sugar (not the 2 extra Tbs); sour cream; pumpkin puree (not the reserved 1/4 cup); spices and salt; eggs and yolks (one at a time, beating after each).
4. Remove about 1/4 cup of the batter and place it in a small bowl. Pour the remaining batter into the springform pan over the crust. Add the set-aside pumpkin puree and brown sugar to the batter in the small bowl and mix until smooth.
5. Spoon this mixture into a small, airtight plastic bag and seal it shut.Cut off one tiny bottom corner to make a piping bg. Starting at the center of the springform pan, swirl a spiral of the mixture on the surface of the batter, continuing around to the outer edge of the pan. Carefully drag a knife through the batter to create a pattern.
6. Place the pan on a piece of aluminum foil and press the foil up the sides of the pan to form a watertight barrier. Place the pan in a larger pan to which you've added about an inch of hot water. Place the pans in a preheated 350-degree oven and bake for about 1-1/2 hours. The top of the cheesecake should look set, yet remain a bit jiggly when you tap the pan. Remove the pan from the water bath and let it cool at room temperature for about an hour before refrigerating.
7. Refrigerate for at least four hours. Remove the side of the springform pan before serving.