Thin pastries filled with jam
Ingredients (serves 12)
- Cream butter, cream cheese and flour together until well blended.
- Shape the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap or foil.
- Refigerate overnight.
- Remove the dough from refrigerator 30 minutes before using.
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Roll out the dough thin, and cut out circles about 3 ot 4 inches in diameter with a cookie cutter. Place a small amount of jam in the middle, and moisten the edges with water.
- Fold over and press together to seal.
- Place empenadas on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 15 or 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and cinnmon in a bowl.
- Roll hot empenadas in the sugar mixture and serve.