It's easy, just don't overcook.
Original recipe serves 12
Ingredients (serves 12)
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add the flour and baking soda. Boil the milk with the butter, and add that to the flour and sugar mixture. Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the batter into a 9" round pan. Arrange plum slices on the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until browned and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If using a different sized pan (like 9x13 baking dish), adjust cooking time accordingly.