Grilled chicken with a bruschetta topping
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Add 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 teaspon of the minced garlic, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a zip top bag. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to the bag. Seal it, and turn to coat. Place bag in the refrigerator and marinate for 30 minutes or until ready to cook.
- In a small bowl, combine the onions, tomatoes, and remaining garlic, oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Grill chicken over medium heat, about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Preheat a broiler and set rack six inches below it.
- Arrange chicken in a baking dish and top with tomato and onion mixture. Top with mozarella.
- Broil for 5 to 10 or until cheese is comlpetely melted