Cake made with honey. (Exactly what it sounds like.)
Original recipe serves 8
Ingredients (serves 8)
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks into 2 bowls.
- Whip egg whites with a mixer until stiff peaks form. Add 1/2 cup of the sugar.
- In another bowl, add the remaining 1 cup of sugar to the egg yolks, and whip until creamy. Add the oil and mix for a few minutes.
- Combine the flour and baking powder to a small bowl.
- Add the coffee to the flour mixture, while mixing, adding a bit at a time. Add the honey, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Fold in the egg mixtures into the flour mixtures.
- Add the batter to a greased bread pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.