A big, sweet and fluffy pancake...baked!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- Preheat an oven to 450F (200C)
- Melt the butter in an oven safe (e.g. cast iron) skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the apple, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup of the sugar and cook until the apples are tender.
- Beat the eggs, flour, milk, remaining sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla in a medium bowl until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter evenly over the apple mixture in the skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- To serve, run a spatula or knife around the edges of the pancake to loosen it. Invert the pan over a serving dish. Cut it up and serve!