It's made with beer. What else could you want?
Original recipe serves 6
Ingredients (serves 12)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add beef and cook until browned on all sides. Transfer beef with a slotted spoon to a bowl, leaving drippings in the saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic to the saucepan and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add beef back to the saucepan and stir in the cumin, cooking for another minute.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, chiles, hot sauce, beer, and salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Serve with shredded monterey jack or cheddar cheese, if desired.