This makes a great and easy snack year-round. Using two sheets of matzo for each pizza keeps the crusts from getting soggy or burning in the oven.
Original recipe serves 2
Ingredients (serves 1)
- Preheat oven to 400F (205C)
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Take two of the matzo sheets and lightly brush each side with olive oil, and place side by side onto the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a bit of cheese onto the matzo.
- Lightly brush one side of the other two mazto sheets with olive oil, and place each one, oiled sides down, onto the other sheets, making two matzo-cheese sandwiches.
- Spoon your favorite tomato sauce onto the tops of the matzo sheets, and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Sprinkle some dried oregano onto the pizzas.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
Some additional topping ideas include thinly sliced onion, bell peppers, olives, garlic, or cooked chicken. Any other topping you'd normally put on pizza will do!