A savory jam that goes well on bread or sandwiches.
Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Total Sugars: 10.8g
Total Fats: 19.7g
*Data provided by USDA
Ingredients (serves 10)
- Cook bacon in a large skillet according to package directions or until browned and crispy. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the drippings. Set aside.
- Saute onions in the reserved bacon drippings on medium heat in a large saucepan until tender. If no drippings are available due to using lean bacon (such as turkey bacon), substitute canola oil instead.
- Add garlic, and cook until aromatic. Stir in the cider vinegar, deglazing the pan.
- Add coffee, maple syrup, brown sugar and cumin. Chop the chipotle peppers and add to the saucepan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Crumble the bacon and add to the pan, stirring well to incorporate.
- Decrease heat to low and simmer until the liquid has been reduced and become syrupy, about 1 hour.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and pulse until it is smoothed out bit, but maintaining some of the bacon texture. Work in batches if necessary.
Store unused jam in a sealed container in the refigerator for up to 3 or 4 weeks.
Original recipe makes about 1 to 2 cups of jam.