Very addictive and very minty
Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Total Sugars: 15.4g
Total Fats: 9.1g
*Data provided by USDA
Ingredients (serves 25)
- Whisk together the salt, cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder in a medium bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together the sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 1 minute or until well combined.
- Reduce speed to medium-low and add the first egg, and then the other yolk. Add in the vanilla and peppermind extract.
- Add the flour a bit at a time and continue beating until well combined to form a sticky dough.
- Dust your hands, the dough, and some parchment paper with confectioner's sugar. Shape the dough into a disk shape on the paper. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Adjust oven racks to use the upper third and middle positions. Preheat the oven to 350F (177C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Lay down some more parchment paper on a work surface and roll out the dough to be about 1/8" thick. Use a 1 1/2" inch round cookie cutter to cut out cookie shapes, and place them on the prepared parchment paper. Reroll the scraps to produce more cookie cut-outs.
- Place cutouts in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 15 minutes or until crisp and dry around the edges.
- Let cool slightly and transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt 2/3 of the chopped chocolate in a double boiler until it reaches 115F on a candy thermometer. Stir in the remaining chocolate and allow that to melt, about another 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan of melted chocolate from heat and allow to cool to 90F (32C).
- Dip each cookie in the chocolate, turning to coat. Place the cookie on some more parchment paper and allow the chocolate to cool and set, about 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week, with cookies arranged in layers separated by parchment paper.