A nice variation on chicken soup. This time with quinoa instead of noodles!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until done and juices run clear, about 10 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add celery, onion, carrots and Cajun seasoning to the pot and cook until vegetables are slightly soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the water, chicken broth, salt and quinoa.
- Bring to a boil, and then partially cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook until the quinoa begins to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the pot and stir. Simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with sour cream and sprinkle with additional cajun seasoning.