Shrimp marinated in a tomato-based sauce and then grilled.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- Combine the cayenne, oil, tomato sauce, vinegar, basil, salt and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add the shrimp and stir to coat.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers and grill about 2 minutes per side or until opaque.
To prevent sticking, consider using foil under the shrimp. Spray the foil with non stick cooking spray. Arrange the shrimp on the foil and place on the grill.
(Do not spray nonstick cook spray into a flaming grill!)