This Tex-Mex taco casserole is pretty easy to make. It's great for a potluck! Substitute ground chicken, turkey or tofu for the ground beef, if desired.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Cook beef in a medium skillet until browned and no longer pink. Drain away the fat.
- Stir in the chili beans, and simmer for about 20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and the mixture thickens.
- Stir in the salsa and combine well.
- Spray a 9"x13" baking pan with cooking spray, and spread the crushed tortilla chips on the bottom.
- Spread the beef mixture onto the tortilla chips.
- Spread the sour cream onto the beef layer.
- Combine scallions, tomatoes, and olives in a small bowl. Spread the vegetable mixture onto the sour cream layer.
- Sprinkle the cheddar on top of the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm.