A quick and comforting potato soup.
Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Total Sugars: 2.8g
Total Fats: 22.6g
*Data provided by USDA
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan until crisp. Remove bacon from the saucepan, reserving 3 tablespoons of the bacon grease and drain the bacon on paper towels.
- Add onion to the pan and brown over medium heat, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and enough water to cover. Cover, and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in the milk and cream of chicken soup, taking care not to boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and stir in dill weed.
- Just before serving, crumble the bacon and stir into the soup.
- Garnish with green onion and cheddar, if desired.