Use your favorite Irish Stout, be it Guinness or whatever else! There's no added yeast, but there's a yeast flavor. The bread rises with the help of the buttermilk, baking soda and baking powder
Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Total Sugars: 15.1g
Total Fats: 8.3g
*Data provided by USDA
Ingredients (serves 8)
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C).
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Combine the melted butter, vanilla, buttermilk and beer in another bowl.
- Stir the oat and flour mixture into the beer mixture.
- Combine well, and pour into a 8x8 or 9x9 greased baking dish. Sprinkle with additional oats, if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 400F (205C) and bake for additional 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, open the oven door, and let it cool in the open oven for another 30 minutes before removing from the pan for futher cooling.
- Try this with different stout beers for a variety of flavor profiles!
- Serve with strawberry preserves or other favorite spread!