Worth the calories for a special occassion
Ingredients (serves 6)
You will also need: baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
- Drain and mash the canned sweet potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, sugar, milk, stick of softened butter, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Keep mashing until smooth and pour into an ungreased souffle pan or 9x13" baking dish. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, flour and chopped walnuts (you can also use pecans). Spread topping over sweet potato mixture in baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until casserole sets. The internal temperature should be at least 160F (75C) Let it stand 5 minutes and then serve. Enjoy!