Traditional fried potato pancakes.
Ingredients (serves 3)
- Put shredded potatoes in a cheesecloth and wring out as much moisture as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, potato, salt, egg and flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place large spoonfuls of the potato mixture into the hot oil, pressing down to make 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Cook, turning to brown on each side, working batches as necessary.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with apple sauce and/or sour cream, if desired.