A recipe used mainly in the midwest US.
Ingredients (serves 180)
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Mix together sugar, butter, confectioner's sugar, oil and butter in a large bowl until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cream of tartar and baking soda. Stir flour mixture into the sugar mixture until combined.
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove from sheet and cool on a wire rack.