An easy, creamy and elegant soup.
Ingredients (serves 3)
- Preheat an oven to 350F (175C).
- Place potatoes in a baking dish and bake the in the oven until soft, about 1 1/2 hours. Remove from the oven and let them cool.
- Peel the potatoes and puree them with the chicken broth, working in batches as needed. You can use just enough broth so that it purees smoothly.
- Add the puree to a large pot and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium low and add the cayenne pepper, black pepper, brown sugar, salt and nutmeg, and any remaining chicken broth. Cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the cream, and serve.