The tartness of the rhubarb goes well with the sweet strawberries. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Total Sugars: 31.8g
Total Fats: 18.1g
*Data provided by USDA
Ingredients (serves 8)
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Add the flour and 1 cup of sugar to a large bowl. Add the rhubarb and strawberries and toss. Let it stand for 30 minutes.
- Line a pie pan with the bottom crust. Pour the filling into the crust. Attach top crust, seal it, and dot with butter.
- Brush the crust with the egg yolk and dust with remaining sugar.
- Cut vent slits into the crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Cool completely on a rack before serving.