It's cake... with carrots and a cream cheese frosting
Ingredients (serves 18)
- Preheat an oven to 350F (175C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- Beat together the white sugar, oil, eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract in a large bowl. Mix in the cinnamon, salt, flour, baking powder and baking soda. Fold in the carrots and the 1 cup of the chopped pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the pan, and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Turn it out onto a rack and let it completely.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting by combining the cream cheese, butter, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and the confectioner's sugar in a bowl.
- Beat until completely smooth, and stir in the remaining 1 cup of pecans.
- Frost the cooled carrot cake.