Make these sugar and cinnamon-topped muffins as minis to get the best flavor.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Grease, or spray 24 mini muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine nutmeg, 1/4 cup margarine and 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Stir in the milk, baking powder and flour until combined.
- Fill each muffin cup about half-way.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, put remaing 1/4 cup of melted margarine in a bowl.
- Combine, in a separate bowl, the cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Remove muffins from the oven and muffin cups. Dip each in melted margarine, and then roll in the sugar mixture.
- Let cool for a bit and serve.