This banana bread uses honey and apple sauce instead of sugar.
Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Total Sugars: 34.5g
Total Fats: 1.9g
*Data provided by USDA
Ingredients (serves 8)
- Pretheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Lightly grease a 9" x 5" loaf/bread pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Mash the bananas in a separate medium bowl. Add the applesauce, honey, eggs and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add the applesauce mixture to the well. Stir just to combine. Do not overwork the batter.
- Pour the batter evenly into the loaf pan. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then turn the bread out onto a wire rack. Allow bread to cool completely before serving or storing.
- Store the bread in plastic wrap in the refrigerator.