Black bean stew with chorizo, ham and a whole lot of other stuff.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the ham and chorizo cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add onion, and cook until tender.
- Add garlic, cooking until tender.
- Add water, peppers, canned tomatoes with juice and sweet potato. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to low heat.
- Simmer, covered until sweet potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the beans, and cook uncovered, stirring until cooked through. Add the salt, mango, and cilantro.