Stewed Tomatoes and eggs. A popular Middle Eastern dish that works well for brunch of dinner.
Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Total Sugars: 19.4g
Total Fats: 18g
*Data provided by USDA
Ingredients (serves 2)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Stir in the canned tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and tomato paste.
- Stir in the paprika, coriander, honey, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Make 4 wells in the sauce using the back of a spoon. Break an egg into a bowl, and slide it whole into one of the wells. Repeat with the other 3 eggs to fill all wells.
- Cover the skillet and simmer for 10 minutes for a runny yolk, or 15 for a firm yolk.
- Sprinkle with parsely and serve.